Saturday, October 6, 2007

Singapore Shrine Hunt

Since it's Sunday today, I figured it would be appropriate to go on a shrine hunt.

I looked up the closest subway station by the shrine and just took off. When I got off at the station (Raffel station I think), I found a couple of vague locality maps that showed the shrine just off of Church Street, but not how to get to Church Street. So I walked in the general area and stopped and asked people for directions.

I did end up finding it and it was pretty interesting. The whole area smelled strongly of incense. The shine was a very old walled structure, right next to high-rise buildings. The contrast was pretty neat.

I had my little camera and snapped some photos, but I also tried to grab some video. Here's my first attempt at adding video to this blog:

Here's an attempt to add some video of the hunt:



Video #2:



Video #3:



Here are some photos of the shrine. From the outside:



On the inside. The spiral things are incense sticks. There were probably 30 or so of them hanging all around and all of them were lit. Check our the details on that roof!

Video #4:



Video #5:



Well, that was my quest for the shrine! I hope you liked it, I did ^^

1 comment:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Troy
Thanks for sharing your trip.It was very interesting! I love seeing and learning about other cultures. I think that is the closest I will ever get to visiting the Far East.
Lynette