Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day!

Random and Savannah both started school on Tuesday. Random is in 5th grade and has the same teacher that he did last year. Savannah is in 3rd grade and has a new teacher but a lot of the same kids in her class...including her best friend Hailey. They had a great first day and looked fabulous in their new outfits.

I was nervous until they came home. I was afraid that I would have forgotten something or their new shoes would give them blisters or a million other things that wouldn't be earth shattering but would have given them a bad day.

Scout's first day is today, Wednesday. They divided the kindergarten class in half so they could have a more intimate first day session and get to know their teacher and the routines a little bit right away. She also looked fabulous and skipped down the sidewalk so eager to get going.

We met up with Hailey and Breanna Wallace so a huge troop of us went off to school over the sidewalk and through the woods. Rand walked ahead and got to school early while the girls giggled and skipped all the way there.

So today is my first day too. My first day with a few hours of no kids at home. gulp.


4 comments:

Lynette in Delaware said...

I look at your slideshow, and get a lump in my throat. The first day of school is such a bitter sweet day! But somehow I got used to the quiet house :-D !

david@gommstudios.com said...

Jeanne talks to Katherine on the cell phone between college classes and asks her if she wants a lunch..but she never does.

But she never has a day alone since the old man is always around working on some stained glass project!

Tricia said...

Whoa! I don't think I'll know that feeling until they're all in college! Must be nice!!! I cannot believe Scout is already old enough to be in school - how exciting, for all of you :->

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Gommlings on a great start to another year!

Scout you looked so pretty in your pink, I'm sure all the other girls were jealous.

Savannah, you practically looked like a teenager! I'm glad Hailey is in your class!

Random, you are in 5th grade, I can't believe it! Is middle school next for you? That really means we are getting old.

Happy thoughts we are over half way to christmas! :)