Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Politics...Avert Your EYES!

A friend of mine broached the subject of politics on her blog. She brought up a good point. Jack Ryan really WOULD make a good president. However, since he seems less interested in a career of civil service and more interested in being a fictional character it seems like I've got to move onto people NOT portrayed on the silver screen by Harrison Ford. Yes. This means no writing in Han Solo, Indiana Jones or Rick Deckard for me....BOO.

So now how do I choose whom to vote for? Do I rely on the biased media to determine which sound bites I will believe? Do I scrounge through hours of footage on YouTube and vote for the guy with the funniest parody? Do I flip a coin, research the issues, watch the debates, believe the hysterical left, believe the hysterical right, give up and vote for Ralph Nader? No. I turn to where I always turn at critical moments such as this. To my children.

Random let Troy know last night that were he 18 and not a felon, he would vote for Obama. "Why is that?" Troy asks. "Obama will abolish homework." is the reply. "What about John McCain?" Troy asks. "King Bob likes warring." Random replies.

You may wonder why Random thinks John McCain's name is King Bob. You may also wonder why Random thinks Obama will outlaw homework. Excellent questions.

All I know is that the politicians' recent campaign to "engage the youth" in "the process" may have overshot its target. That, and I'm totally writing in Bill Adama for President.

5 comments:

RainyPM said...

You are on a roll of posts that I can't resist responding to!

But I have to make the point, carried over from my blog - see how you went and picked an unattractive candidate? What about the son? I could get behind Lee as president. Oh yes.

His campaign slogans could be: "I have a plan."

david@gommstudios.com said...

I don't want to wreck anything for any fans who didn't see last nights episode of Battlestar Galactica, but OH MY!

At one point, it was so happy and thrilling and then later so devastating, what a good episode!

Are you sure we don't want to vote for Rosyln? After all, she's got experience!

Pb said...

Rick Deckard?/>#??? Wow is that an obscure reference. How about David Halloran or Bob Falfa?

david@gommstudios.com said...

Our daughter, Katherine will be able to vote for the first time in this election. She and her boyfriend think Obama would be a great candadate.

I'm not sure, but it doesn't matter. Utah will go conservative in it's voting so whether we vote one way or the other, the outcome from our state is pretty well cast already.

But the primaries are on us here and that's where we may be able to make a difference.

Amy said...

So I know this is off track but did you ever hear back from the nutritional survey thing? And any bites on the house? And any good hikes/camping lately? We hope you guys are great and think of you (and check your blog like everyday...) :)