Monday, July 14, 2008

Survey Says!

In April I posted a request for all the lovely ladies I know to fill out a survey (Calling All Women). I was reminded in a comment that I hadn't posted the results so here they are:


It was interesting to me to realize how universal certain struggles are like maintaining energy throughout the day, keeping the house clean, getting the kids to eat vegetables. The question that really got me thinking was number 7. By noon, I feel best if I've a. exercised; b. showered and dressed; c. run my errands; or d. cleaned my house/done laundry.

Around the time of the survey I also read a provocative blog entry by a friend of mine about What Good Looks Like. Everyone at her work received a poster that showed What Good Looked Like for them. It was intended to help define what success meant in each position. She carried it over to being a mom and really got me thinking about What Good Looks Like in my life.

I've come to realize that success must be defined on an individual level (I couldn't care less that it's noon and I haven't run my errands) but we all have the same general targets so it's nice to know we're not alone!

No comments: