Monday, April 7, 2008

I didn't realize Video Games were that...religious?

So we picked up a video game on Saturday for the kids to play while we did the taxes. Rand finished his homework today like the good boy he is and was anxious to invite a friend over to play. I overheard him choosing his "team" and I could have sworn he chose to play the Mennonite team. Well it turns out that he had said MetaKnight. I've got to say I was a little disappointed. Donkey Kong versus the Mennonite just gave me the giggles.

It got me to thinking...what would a religious brawl video game look like. And what would it be called? Bible Brawl...Super Smash Pulpit...Pew Pound 2008. What about the "moves" you can unlock? The Bible Belt...Transmogrification...Jihad Jump.

And then I was struck by lightening.

2 comments:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Don't plant any seeds... haha ... I can't imagine how violent the Bible or Book of Mormon would be. (as a video game)!

david@gommstudios.com said...

I should have been struck by lightning when I was building a stained glass window of Jesus being baptised. I couldn't help myself as I cut out pieces of glass that represented John the Baptists head!

I really thought I felt static in the air!