Wednesday, July 30, 2008

News From Home

Well it looks like the kids are having a blast. I was getting a little worried about them since I hadn't heard anything since Saturday. I figured either they were having so much fun that no one had time to email me OR they had torn down the house, ran everyone ragged and drove them insane with all their chatter. I should have known my mom and my sister Emily were made of tougher stuff!

My mom took them to Toys R Us and Michael's to pick up some activities for them to do. What a great Grandma. On her blog she mentioned not wanting them to be able to sum up their entire visit by saying they "watched tv and played on the trampoline." I have the same feelings about their summer vacation while we're at home. I dread getting their "summer journal" paper back with a little stamped smiley face on it proving that the teacher knows as well as I do that it was a good day if we all got dressed...let alone brushed our hair.

I actually laughed out loud when I saw that Scout had picked a Chuck E Cheese's Birthday Party Picnic set. Her birthday is on the 8th of August and she's been doing nothing but planning her party since Rand's was over back in May. If that set had a mini skee ball set I think I would have picked that too...I just can't get enough skee ball in my life.

As I looked as these pictures I realized that I know my kids pretty well. If left to their own devices (and given a wad of cash) I knew that Scout would have inevitably chosen something that had to do with birthdays, Random would have gravitated toward legos and Savannah would have gone totally native (she's the one I keep taking pictures of crazy Malay bugs for).

I'm so happy to see their smiling faces and I'll be glad to be reunited soon. It'll be great to get back to Oregon with all the familiar sights, smells, foods but most of all to give those cute kids some long awaited hugs.

1 comment:

Lynette in Delaware said...

Your little ones are lucky to have such wonderful loving parents and grandparents!